Monday, May 14, 2012

Monster Morsels


Add a few squirts of green food coloring to ordinary chocolate chip cookie dough...


...press them out flat on the cookie sheet...


...and top with chocolate eyes...


...made by piping blobs of melted chocolate chips (white and semisweet) onto a chilled cookie sheet...


...to bake up a batch of multi-eyed morsels for your own little monsters to munch.


This is a great way to use up the extra chocolate, when you melt too much, while making chocolate, Cheshire cat grins for an Alice in Wonderland story time snack.  But, that's another story altogether.

It's great to be a homeschooler.

5 comments:

Ticia said...

It'd be a hit at my house :)

Amy Dingmann said...

Great idea! I think the monsters here would love it!

Phyllis said...

I love them, and I know my boys would as well. Would be great for Halloween, too!

Annette W. said...

Clever

Natalie PlanetSmarty said...

Love the colors! Now I have a craving for them!